Senior students

@ St Elizabeth's Primary School

Cross Arts

April27

Photo Credit: DanBrady via Compfight cc

This term the Level 4’s are putting on a crossarts performance called “Beauty IS The Beast.”

The play has 6 scenes and multiple lead characters allowing many students to have a speaking role. The students have had to work hard memorising their lines, adding expression to their voice and learning stage presence.

We will perform the play twice, Monday for a dress rehearsal for the whole school and some family members and then on Tuesday evening we will perform it for all of our families.
 What is your role in our performance?

What school performances have you been involved in?
This is for Challenge 7 in the Student Blogging Challenge.

“Cross Arts”

1. May 6th, 2013 at 1:19 pm      Reply lucipr Says:

Dear Bloggers,

The thing I mostly enjoyed in cross arts was the surprise song at the end. The song was firework by Katy Perry. It was very entertaining to watch the teachers sing along. All the level 4 students joined in and towards the end we all stood up on stage and had heaps of fun!

Something that I leant from cross arts was how to project my voice even louder than I usually do. As I practised each time I got better and better at speaking louder. I also learnt when to use the right expression. I used these skills on stage and did my best.

My greatest achievement was not getting embarrassed or nervous on stage or backstage. Most of the other years I had gotten really embarrassed on stage. This year I was not nervous at all so that’s why it’s my greatest achievement.

Feedback: my parents enjoyed it more than the other years because we had done an actual story, and would love to see cross arts that way every year. They thought that everyone was really loud and clear and my parents thought that the song choice was good. Cross arts was fun and I would love to see all the other year levels do cross arts the way we had done ours!

2. May 7th, 2013 at 1:05 pm      Reply jackcl Says:

Hi Bloggers,

My name is Jack my favourite part of Cross Arts was the ending! There were teachers singing fireworks by the end everyone was singing and dancing! The best bit was it was a surprise!

My greatest achievement is to not be shy and use expression on stage. Even though I only had two lines I did well.

I learnt that to use expression when speaking. I did that.

I have no feedback I thought the show was great.

From jack

3. May 14th, 2013 at 10:17 am      Reply ethado Says:

Dear Bloggers,

My name is Ethan and I’m from St.Elizabeths Parish.

I think the thing I learnt in cross arts was to remember all my lines without forgetting them, because I normally forget my lines and freeze up on stage.

My favourite moment from cross arts was when the teachers were singing a song because no one was expecting it and it was very funny.My other enjoyable moment was when Jimmy dressed up as a girl.

I think my greatest achievement was using a lot of expression, being quiet while being on side stage and also talking in front if the audience without getting nervous on stage.

My feedback is to Nazareth secondary for helping out with the microphones.

4. May 14th, 2013 at 1:04 pm      Reply stevla Says:

Hello my name is Steven and Welcome to our blog!!!!

On Tuesday the 30th of April all the level 4 students at St Elizabeth had cross arts we had done the play of ‘ Beauty Is A Beast’. Finally our hard work has payed off.

The best moment was in scene 4. It was when the lady got dressed and went around the stage saying “Hey there I’m Princess Beauty” It was so funny everyone laughed. It was the best moment for me and I’m sure the parents, students and staff liked it too.

Being in cross arts I have learnt how to use my voice loudly with expression and acting with big movements.

Steven

5. May 14th, 2013 at 1:19 pm      Reply hollpi Says:

Dear Bloggers,

Cross Arts was great! In the Cross Arts, I am in the background, a dancer in scene 2 and one of the three “Sadie the Cleaning Ladies” in scene 6. I think this was the best Cross Arts ever!

My favourite and most embarrassing moment was when I was being Sadie. I had a tiny broom and I had no good dance moves. So I ended up bobbing down and spinning on the floor! It was so funny. I also did twirls with my broom in the air.

I have learnt to use big actions for next year like spreading your arms out wide, using big, fake smiles and slowing down each word.

My biggest achievement for me was to compromise when I thought the other Sadies came out a bit late. I danced my way to the back of the stage and waved to them as if asking them to come on stage, but they didn’t come on! So I just kept on dancing until they did.

My parents said that our performance was flawless, even though they knew that we must of had some mistakes. I think we were great! Next year, I think we should do another play.
    From, Holly!

6. May 14th, 2013 at 2:43 pm      Reply Melanie Says:

Hello Bloggers,
    This year cross arts has been so fun.Cross arts is so fun because you get to act and you even get to dance.This year cross arts is the best for me.

My favourite moment from cross arts is when we danced because it was really fun.

Being in cross arts I’ve learnt from cross arts was the dance remix because I didn’t know a lot of dance moves and by the dance I learnt lots of dance moves.

7. May 14th, 2013 at 2:46 pm      Reply Tanaiya Says:

Hi everyone

Cross arts was fun I was Sady the cleaning lady it so funny because everyone sang along

8. May 31st, 2013 at 12:07 pm      Reply Jimmy Says:

Hi bloggers,

My role in cross arts is the lady.being the lady is really scary.

From Jimmy