Senior students

@ St Elizabeth's Primary School

Sport Captains- Running Club

April27

Hello Everyone,

I’m here to talk about the running club that the sports captains are running for the whole year if possible!  There are 4 different colours: Red, yellow, green, blue. First blue is doing the beep test, green is doing laps around the oval, red is doing gang up tigy, yellow are doing laps or beep test again and we keep doing the same things but each colour does something different.

We are doing this so that the grade 3, 4, 5 and 6’s train for cross country.

From Marie

Does your school have sports captains?

Do you do cross country every year and do you enjoy it?

Have you ever been in the 10 which means you go to district?

by posted under Sport | 29 Comments »    

“Sport Captains- Running Club”

1. April 29th, 2013 at 12:00 pm      Reply Shannan Says:

I think the running club is a good lead up to cross country. But I think it should only go for half of lunch because it is unfair for the sport captain since they don’t get lunch play with the running club.

2. April 29th, 2013 at 12:07 pm      Reply Mary6 Says:

Hey everyone,

I thought that the running club was a great idea. It will get everyone trained and ready for cross country.

From Mary.

• June 24th, 2013 at 7:56 pm      Reply Alana Says:

Dear Marie ,
      I think that the running club was a great idea for us to get fit and healthy for cross country.
      Well done to every one who got into the next level.

3. April 29th, 2013 at 12:09 pm      Reply Bryan Says:

Hello everyone,
    I think that the cross country practice is going well so far and many people are participating but I’m not sure that everyone is enjoying it. If anyone one is not enjoying the program, the sports captains may be able to change a few things around to make things better.

From Bryan

4. April 29th, 2013 at 12:09 pm      Reply Jonathan Says:

To Marie
    I recon this is a good idea to get us fit and Healthy
    for cross country.
    From Jonathan

5. May 3rd, 2013 at 12:28 pm      Reply Lawrence Says:

Hi, Marie

I think that the running club was a great way to get us ready and pumped for “cross country” now that that cross country is gone the running club will train us for upcoming events. So I surely think the running club will be great!

6. May 3rd, 2013 at 12:30 pm      Reply Joshua6 Says:

Hello everyone,
    I have been in the top 10 but it was canceled, because it was a rainy day.
    From Joshua

7. May 3rd, 2013 at 12:35 pm      Reply Shannan Says:

Hi everyone
    I liked the running club because it helped me today when I came 1st in cross country. I enjoyed cross country today. I was happy because I improved 7 spots from last time.

8. May 3rd, 2013 at 1:04 pm      Reply Christopher Says:

I think this idea was the best training for cross country and it helped me a lot today, I came 1st

9. May 3rd, 2013 at 1:10 pm      Reply Emily1 Says:

Hi Everyone,
    In St.Elizabeths we do have sports captains. there are 2 sports captains for each house colour. It was cross country today and I personally really enjoyed it. I was so happy when I had completed 2 laps of the Barry Power Reserve and came 8th! That means that I get to go to Districts!

Emily1

10. May 3rd, 2013 at 1:20 pm      Reply Connie Says:

Hello everyone,
    I thought that the running club was a good idea for people to join and get ready for cross country anyway today the grade 3, 4, 5, and 6’s had cross country. I am in bule house and I came 11th. Unfortanetly I didn’t make it to district but I am proud of myself and I happy because blue house won! Well done everyone who made it to district and good luck.
    Connie 🙂

• May 13th, 2013 at 5:08 pm      Reply Marie Says:

Dear Connie,

Don’t worry Connie you nearly got into districts you should be very proud of your self because you were very close. At least you had a go and came to Barry Powell Reserve to race, get fit, cheer and have fun.

From Marie

11. May 3rd, 2013 at 1:25 pm      Reply Christian1 Says:

Hi everyone

My name is Christian 1 . I think that the running club is going really good because they do stuff that is fun .
    From Christian 1

12. May 3rd, 2013 at 1:26 pm      Reply Gizelle Says:

Hey Everyone,
    Today was Cross Country and I had an awesome time. I came 12th in the race. One of my friends said that if two people can’t come they take the kids that came 11th and 12th to districts. Congratulations to everyone who got into districts.
    From Gizelle

13. May 3rd, 2013 at 2:47 pm      Reply Christopher Says:

Hello everyone

I think that was the best running club I really had fun and it really took part in cross country

Christopher

14. May 3rd, 2013 at 2:55 pm      Reply Christian Says:

Hi Christopher
    You should be really proud of yourself.Next time, I will go in the cross country training, and maybe I’ll come 1st.

15. May 3rd, 2013 at 2:56 pm      Reply Rozetta Says:

Hi everyone
    I am one of the blue sport captains
    Running the running club is very fun so many people show up all the time
    From rozetta

16. May 13th, 2013 at 5:05 pm      Reply Marie Says:

Hi Everyone,

I completly agree to all of you! It is a great way to train and get ready for cross country. Bryan and I are the red sprts capatins. On cross country I came 7th and I was totally suprised because I am usally some where near LAST. I nearly cried because I got into districts, I think that maybe the running club, training and getting sports captain helped me run the race and come 7th. I would like to congratulate everyone who ran the race and got into districts (top 9). Good job to blue house who came first!!! GO RED HOUSE

From Marie 🙂

17. May 13th, 2013 at 7:56 pm      Reply Kokisan Says:

Hi Everyone!
    I tink that the cross contry was awesome! I saw everyone in Gold house cheering on the players in their team and encouraging them. Thanks for your support Gold team!
    From Kokisan

18. May 14th, 2013 at 12:56 pm      Reply Madelaine Says:

Hi bloggers ,
    The running club on Tuesdays is a great way for children who have made it to districts to practise their running skills .
    I have made it to districts and know that I am definitely running at lunch today!
    It’s really fun and I hope the sports captains continue the running club all year.

From Maddie

19. May 14th, 2013 at 4:19 pm      Reply Daniel6 Says:

Hi Everyone,
    The running club was very helpful because I ran my best I have done in all my school years. It helped me so much that I make it to Stage 2 which is District Cross Country. Thank you Sports Captains for all your work! From Daniel

• May 16th, 2013 at 8:42 pm      Reply Hiep Says:

Dear Daniel,

That’s great Daniel, it shows that you’re a really good runner because you joined the running club that seemed to help you out a lot! It is also a good thing that you made it into Districts, so now you can go practise more when the running club is up, making it really useful!

Hiep

20. May 18th, 2013 at 10:06 pm      Reply Mary6 Says:

Hey Everyone,

Running club is so much fun to do. It doesn’t matter if your fast, average or slow, if you go to the running club you can improve your running and strength.

Also, congratulations to blue house, I am in blue house so it was exciting when we one but great job to the other teams.
    If you didn’t get intio districts I want to congratulate you, even though you didn’t get in. You tryed your best and thats all that matters. Congratulations to those who did get into districts, I will be seeing you there!

Mary.

21. May 20th, 2013 at 6:47 pm      Reply stevla Says:

Hello Readers,

I find the running club a excellent way for us all to stay fit, it also keeps those who are in district cross country a good help and keeps them accurate for cross country. It also helps those who have had late nights up and ready for work.

Steven

22. May 21st, 2013 at 1:09 pm      Reply Jamie6 Says:

Dear Bloggers,
    I think I will be perfect to have a running club, but only for recess because sports captains need to play as well. It would be good to have a running club because athletics is next term and we can practise now!

23. May 22nd, 2013 at 8:12 pm      Reply Wintana Says:

Hi Everyone,
    I think the running club is a great way to get fit I think that the sport captains are donning a very good job on running the whole thing.

From Wintana

24. May 31st, 2013 at 12:00 pm      Reply shanhi Says:

Dear Everyone,

I think the running club was a good idea because it got everyone ready for cross country. It kept everybody fit and you improving your running skills.

From Shannon

25. May 31st, 2013 at 12:07 pm      Reply Sachini Says:

Dear everyone,

The running club sounds really fun and energetic . It looks like a great way to be active.I love how the captains are doing it. The running club is a good way to practise for Cross Country.

From Sachini

26. June 4th, 2013 at 7:16 pm      Reply Daniel6 Says:

Dear Sports Captains,
    Thank you for all your effort for the running club.
    From Daniel