Senior students

@ St Elizabeth's Primary School

Getting to know our readers

May27

The students in JK and SG have been learning how to analyse data.  To develop our skills we would like you to complete the following survey which has been designed by the students.  You might notice that some of the questions are very similar as we would also like to compare which question gave us more accurate data.

by posted under QuadBlogging | 9 Comments »    

“Getting to know our readers”

1. June 3rd, 2013 at 6:01 pm      Reply Shannan Says:

Hi Mrs Gage,
    i think it’s a good way to find out about our readers but, i think we should have changed the age from 10 and over and 9 and under to 12+ and -11 because we get alot of visitors our age and the 9 and under box will be rarely ticked. other than that it’s a good way to find out about our visitors while doing maths
    from Shannan

• June 5th, 2013 at 8:32 am      Reply Mrs Rebecca Gage Says:

Hi Shannan,

It’s great that you have picked up on one of the key areas I wanted us to learn from with this activity. When we analyse the responses, one of our tasks will be to examine the questions and the allowed responses to see if they have given us the data we intended to collect.

I look forward to sharing these responses in the coming weeks however so far I can tell you that most responses have been from within our school, with many coming from Awahono in New Zealand as well.

Regards,

Mrs Gage

2. June 6th, 2013 at 1:05 pm      Reply Jack2 Says:

Dear Readers,

I think that surveying the students is a great way to find out about them. So whoever created the survey did a good job of it.
    From Jack2

• June 6th, 2013 at 5:33 pm      Reply Alana Says:

Dear Jack2
      yes I think that it is also a great way to find out about each other.
      Because you get to find out new things about someone that you never new before.

3. June 7th, 2013 at 1:46 pm      Reply Joanne Says:

Dear bloggers ,
    I think this survey is great way to get to know the people who read our blog so we can put posts that relate to the things they like and they might start coming on the blog more often.

From Joanne

4. June 7th, 2013 at 2:31 pm      Reply Molly Says:

Dear Mrs Gage
    This is a great idea to know our readers and I think we will get a lot of visitors .

From Molly

5. June 7th, 2013 at 2:42 pm      Reply Tass Says:

Dear bloggers,

I think this survey is a great idea because you can see what the age of the people that respond to our blog.
    But I think there should be a separate box that you can tick that says student at our school and another that says teacher at our school.

From Tass

• June 12th, 2013 at 6:21 pm      Reply Holly Says:

Dear Tass,
      There should be a separate boxes to say you are from our school.
      I also think we shouldn’t have the URL because most of us didn’t know our URL.
      If there is a way to see other people’s forms, could you let me know.
      From, Holly!

6. June 7th, 2013 at 2:51 pm      Reply Hiep Says:

Dear Mrs Gage

I say this is a great way to know our readers, while gathering data at the same time. You might need to make some changes to the survey though. Say there are parents doing this survey, they won’t be able to answer what grade they’re in and the URL of their blog if they don’t have one.

Hiep