Democratic principles and values

August1

This term our subject focus is Civics and Citizenship. We have four key learning intentions that we will try and link our interests to.

Our first step is to ‘unpack’ or rewrite these intentions in language that makes sense to us.

In the comments section we are going to respond with what we understand the following intention to mean:

Explain key democratic principles and values (such as freedom of speech and equality).

What do you understand this learning intention mean to you?

“Democratic principles and values”

1. August 1st, 2013 at 3:04 pm      Reply Kevin Says:

Dear Bloggers,
    I think that democratic principles mean that we have freedom and a choice. It’s also means that iris fair

From Kevin

2. August 2nd, 2013 at 2:53 pm      Reply Jack2 Says:

Dear Readers,
    My opinion of what democratic principals and values means is freedom of speech and values. If a country has freedom of speech then there aloud to say whatever they want about politics. Say if a group of people don’t want a certain prime minister there aloud to say whatever they want about not wanting him/her to be prime minister. ( prime minister is just one idea there’s more like the king/queen or the council or government.

3. August 7th, 2013 at 12:53 pm      Reply Rozetta Says:

Hello everyone,

I think that democratic principals is to have our say and a choice.

From Rozetta

4. August 7th, 2013 at 1:00 pm      Reply Christopher Says:

I think democratic principles means that we are free to do what ever we want

5. August 7th, 2013 at 1:01 pm      Reply Lorenzo Says:

Hello Level 4,

I think democratic principals and values is to have a right to speak because we are all equal no matter who they are. (Speech and Equality)

From Lorenzo

6. August 7th, 2013 at 1:03 pm      Reply Andy Says:

Hi Everyone,

I think Democratic Principles means that we have our freedom of choice. I think it means we don’t have to do things that we don’t like to. I think that it means that we make our own choices.

From Andy

7. August 7th, 2013 at 1:03 pm      Reply Jonathan Says:

Hi everyone,
    I think the democratic principles and values mean that you have the freedom to do anything that you like and you are aloud to have your own say.
    From Jonathan

8. August 7th, 2013 at 1:05 pm      Reply Shannan Says:

Hi level 4
    I think the statement means we are all equal no one greater than another and we all have a right to speak
    From shannan

9. August 7th, 2013 at 1:05 pm      Reply Kokisan Says:

Hi,
    I think democratic principles is freedom.
    From Kokisan

10. August 7th, 2013 at 1:07 pm      Reply Marie Says:

Hi everyone,

I think that democratic principles and values means that everyone will get to say have their choice and our own say. Also will would get freedom to do what we want but to still keep our country safe.

From Marie

11. August 7th, 2013 at 1:07 pm      Reply Bryan Says:

Dear everyone,
    I think democratic principal are rules that make us free. Not restricted. We have the right to do things and say things freely without anything wrong happening to us.

From Bryan

12. August 7th, 2013 at 1:08 pm      Reply Daniel5 Says:

Dear Bloggers,

I think democratic principles means that you are free and can do whatever you want.

From Daniel5

13. August 7th, 2013 at 1:08 pm      Reply Mikkel Says:

Hi everyone,
    I think that democratic principles and values give people freedom of speech and the ability to express there opinions .
    From Mikkel

14. August 7th, 2013 at 1:09 pm      Reply Lawrence Says:

Hi Everyone,

I think that democratic principles is freedom of speech because its a free country and everyone has a right to state there point view.

In this country we are all equal no matter who we are and what we do.

From Lawrence

15. August 7th, 2013 at 1:11 pm      Reply Wintana Says:

Hello everyone,

I think Democratic principles means freedom and when you have a right to talk.

From Wintana

16. August 7th, 2013 at 1:12 pm      Reply Mary6 Says:

Hi guys,

I think the democratic principles means that we are free to say and free to have a choice.

Bye, Mary.

17. August 7th, 2013 at 1:12 pm      Reply Kristy Says:

Hi Everyone,
    Democratic principles and values mean that you have freedom and the right to speak and to vote.
    Bye

18. August 7th, 2013 at 1:13 pm      Reply Natasha Says:

Hi everyone,

I think democratic principles is freedom and its a free country and you can say your opinion.

Natasha

19. August 7th, 2013 at 1:13 pm      Reply Zel Says:

Hi Bloggers,

I think democratic principles is being fair to everyone by letting them speak for what the believe in if they want, no matter who they are because equality is important.

From Zel

20. August 7th, 2013 at 1:14 pm      Reply Aleksandra Says:

I think democratic principals is about freedom and peace. For people to have good lives

21. August 7th, 2013 at 1:16 pm      Reply Andrew3 Says:

Hi bloggers
    I think that democratic means we can have a say and have freedom.
    From Andrew3

22. August 7th, 2013 at 1:17 pm      Reply Jayden1 Says:

Hi everyone

Democratic principles and values mean that this country gives you a right to speak for yourself and treat everyone equally with respect.

From Jayden

23. August 7th, 2013 at 1:17 pm      Reply Trinity Says:

Hi Everyone,
    I think that Democratic Principles are about and mean the people of the country can have their say and get their opinions heard by the VIPeople.
    Trinity

24. August 7th, 2013 at 1:18 pm      Reply Gizelle Says:

Dear everyone,
    I think that your democratic principles and values mean that you have a right to speak up and have freedom. An example of freedom is that we do not allow child labour in Australia. And an example the right to speak up is voting. What do you believe?
    From Gizelle.

25. August 7th, 2013 at 1:19 pm      Reply Kelly Says:

Hi everyone,

I think democratic principles and values mean freedom because everyone has a right to have their opinion.

From Kelly

26. August 7th, 2013 at 1:20 pm      Reply Emily Says:

Hi everyone,

I think that it means to have freedom and choice of speech

From Emily .

27. August 7th, 2013 at 1:24 pm      Reply Christian2 Says:

dear bloggers
    i think it means the freedom of all the Austrailan citizens.
    from Christian

28. August 7th, 2013 at 1:26 pm      Reply Holly2 Says:

Hello everyone,

I think that Democratic Principles mean, to live in a country that respects you, treats you fairly, and it is a country that allows you to get your opinions across, no matter who you are.

From Holly2

29. August 7th, 2013 at 1:26 pm      Reply Emily Says:

Hi everyone,

I believe it means you can have your choice

From Emily

30. August 7th, 2013 at 1:31 pm      Reply lydia Says:

Hi Everyone,
    I think that it means that you have freedom of choice….like you can voice your opinion.
    From Lydia

31. August 7th, 2013 at 1:57 pm      Reply rajash Says:

Hi guys

I think that it means when we can do whatever we want.

32. August 7th, 2013 at 1:59 pm      Reply Sebastian Says:

Hi everyone

I think it means we can do what ever we want.

33. August 9th, 2013 at 2:57 pm      Reply Kayla Says:

Hello bloggers,

I think it means for people to have freedom of speech.
    I don’t know much about but I hope to learn more about it.

From kayla