Senior students

@ St Elizabeth's Primary School

Science Works!

August1

Hi Everyone,

On Tuesday on the 23rd of July all of Level 4 went on excursion to the one and only Science works!!

We did heaps of stuff like watch the lighting show! Did you know that if you stand under a tree during a storm, you will properly get electrocuted?!

We also got to watch a Science Show where we learnt about Liquid Nitrogen, like it’s so cold, if you touch it you’ll get burnt!

Have you been to Science Works?

What did you do there?

Did you have fun?

From: Taymin

by posted under Uncategorized | 21 Comments »    

“Science Works!”

1. August 1st, 2013 at 1:06 pm      Reply Ethan Says:

Dear Taymin,

I loved and enjoyed Science Works my favourite part was the Lightning Show. There was so much lightning I nearly got electric shocked !!!

From Ethan

2. August 1st, 2013 at 1:15 pm      Reply Rose Says:

Dear Taymin,
    I have been to Science Works befor and I did so many activities that I don’t remeber what I did I did have alot of fun I also had a great time .

from Rose

3. August 1st, 2013 at 1:15 pm      Reply Jack2 Says:

Dear Readers
    My name is Jack and I’ve been to the science works. It was fun, exiting and full of adventure. One of the things I did was watching the lightning show. The whole show was based the lightning and things that make lightning. The show was called bolt from the blue. Some things we saw and heard were loud noises made by lightning and also bolts striking fake people. The trip to science works was awesome.
    From Jack

4. August 1st, 2013 at 1:16 pm      Reply marykr Says:

Hi Taymin
    I injoyed science works it was so good I wanted to stay there more I think it was the best place I bean to.
    From Mary .k.

5. August 1st, 2013 at 1:18 pm      Reply nicholas2 Says:

Dear Taymin,

I found one thing at science works that was intresting the cool stuff I liked the nitrogen water how it made the balloon deflated.

6. August 1st, 2013 at 1:19 pm      Reply anthma Says:

Dear every one
    It was my first time going to science works I liked the cool stuff the most.
    From Anthony

7. August 1st, 2013 at 1:20 pm      Reply Joshua5 Says:

Dear Readers
    I think science works is the best places to learn about science.We went into to lighting room and the lady talked to us about the different types of lighting and electricity.After we went to the cool stuff room and we saw liquid nitrogen and we saw the man put liquid nitrogen onto the balloon it was awesome.

From Joshua5

8. August 1st, 2013 at 1:20 pm      Reply Kevin Says:

Dear Taymin,
    I have never been to science works before so it was a big expirenece fore me. The thing that I really liked was the sports section and I liked how there was lots of sporty stuff.

From kevin

9. August 1st, 2013 at 1:22 pm      Reply Rose Says:

Dear Taymin,
    I have been to Science Works befor and I did so many activities that I can only remember one thing what I remember is that we saw a show called cool stuff it was amazing I did have alot of fun, I also had a great time .

from Rose

10. August 1st, 2013 at 1:23 pm      Reply Hiep Says:

Hello Level 4,

I am one of the atudents that went to Science-works. The excursion was extremely fun! My favourite part was the cool stuff show. The man that hosted the show was really funny! Although he was funny, he was very safe and cautious about what he was doing.

The cool stuff show was mostly based on liquid nitrogen. Liquid nitrogen is very cold water that’s minus sixty degrees! That sure is cold for anyone! The man had a balloon that he sad scared the children away, however, the balloon was scared of us and ran off multiple times.

I really loved the Science-works excursion. There were many highlights I have at Science-works. I wish I went there, hoping for new cool stuff.

Hiep

11. August 1st, 2013 at 1:24 pm      Reply suridu Says:

Dear bloggers,
    When we went to science works I had a lot of fun. When we went to science works my favourite part was the lightning room. My favourite part in the lighting room was when the lighting struck the car. I had the best time
    From suriya

12. August 1st, 2013 at 1:25 pm      Reply David Says:

Dear Taymin,
    I have been to Science works before in year 1 I did a lot of stuff there like a couple of exhibition:Morse code machine, pedal powered radio and a old telephone. there was a cool stuff show where they used liquid nitrogen to freeze stuff like a rubber ball and a ballon. I loved the Science works excursion although I have been there before but I still want to go again.

13. August 1st, 2013 at 3:06 pm      Reply Steven Says:

Dear Taymin,

The excursion was really fun and interesting. My favourite think was the Lightning Show it was really cool.

From Steven

14. August 1st, 2013 at 3:07 pm      Reply Mikkel Says:

Hi bloggers,
    Science works was amazing as specially the lighting room. The lightning made from the tesla coil was loud and cool.
    From Mikkel

15. August 2nd, 2013 at 2:50 pm      Reply Himeth Says:

Dear everyone,
    I have been to Science Works but that was long ago I think that was in grade 2. What I did was the Sports Works area which had lots if cool things like trying to beat Cathy Freeman in a race and see how your body works and there also was a 3D soccer game where you had to stop three penalty kicks by moving your body to stop the kicks. We also went to a lighting room were we can see lots of things about lighting. Of course we had fun, everyone had fun I hope everyone else out there has fun just like we did.

16. August 6th, 2013 at 1:26 pm      Reply Rohaan Says:

Hi taymin

I really enjoined your recount it really good and it made sence to me

17. August 6th, 2013 at 1:30 pm      Reply Dan Says:

Hi Bloggers,
    That was the first time I had ever been to science works in my life. I had lots of fun and my favourite shows was cool stuff.

18. August 7th, 2013 at 1:12 pm      Reply Marie Says:

Dear Taymin,

Scienceworks was very exciting, everyone couldn’t wait!! I have been before but I still was happy that we could go as a level. I had lots of fun and enjoyed myself to much.

From Marie

19. August 7th, 2013 at 1:28 pm      Reply Jack3 Says:

Hey every one,
    Did you know that next door to science works is a planetarium? Maybe we will go there for our next excursi-on!